Website Kraemer North America, LLC
Kraemer North America is currently looking for Field and Project Engineers to join our Upper Midwest Region.
The first project assignment could be on a highly technical Joint Venture CMGC project located in Bay City, MI (moveable bridges) or on a complex steel structure over the Des Plaines River (includes new roadway work) located in Joliet, IL.
As a Project Engineer, you will assist project management in coordinating resources, schedules and subcontractors for on-site engineering activities. You will ensure Kraemer crews are planning their work by following the Work Activity Plan process while adhering to and promoting Kraemer’s culture of Quality, Safety, Excellence. The Project Engineer will also assist the Project Manager to ensure the Five Point Planning Process is implemented and followed.
We value our people. We work safely. We provide quality and commitment.
We’re a believer in promoting from within; our success depends on our people, on you, to bring innovative ideas, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to safety and quality. In turn, we provide a family-focused atmosphere, comprehensive benefits, and growth opportunities to fuel your future forward.
- Ensure Work Activity Plans (WAP) are completed
Oversee and review WAPs
- Work with project superintendents and foremen on Work Activity Planning and Team communication
- Provide leadership and carry out our Kraemer safety culture in day to day operations and TEAM meetings
- Assist with the administration and compliance of Kraemer Safety and Quality Programs
- Ensure quality records are completed and documented
- Assist with project planning; coordinate schedules, subcontractors, etc.
- Monitor project cost control and material/equipment inventory
- Process routine paperwork: invoices, transmittals, submittals, etc.
- Assist the Project Manager with handling concerns, complications, etc. of owners/agencies
- Assist the foremen and superintendents with engineering-related problems that occur in the field
- Participate in estimating processes when needed
- Interact with subcontractors, suppliers, owners and project managers when coordinating project construction
- Mentor and develop field engineering staff
- Assist in identifying market opportunities for assigned region by establishing and maintaining effective contact with owners, subs, suppliers and potential clients
- Ensure compliance with EEO/Affirmative Action contract requirements
- Review and submit RFIs; check for accuracy, process submittals and RFIs from subs and suppliers
- Perform CTCs with PM
- Process internal and external CMOs
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of previous heavy highway, roadway, or transportation industry experience in bridge construction preferred
- Experience in formwork and false work engineering
- Strong decision making and/or problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience working with document controls
- Previous experience with construction software and AGTEK/AutoCAD preferred
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Savings Plan w/company match
- Short Term Incentive Program
- Dependent Care and Health Care Reimbursement Plan
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Holidays/Vacation/Sick Pay
- Educational Assistance
- Computer Purchase Program
- Company Vehicle
Base salary is dependent on multiple factors: education, experience, skills, market rates, internal equity and/or location.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.